Sunday, August 03, 2014

New Day

I caught a glimpse of a glorious sunrise this morning, its golden hue so gentle & lovely as it spread its warmth & colour across the horizon. My eyes were immediately transfixed, I thought there couldn't be a better way to start my day.

I was reminded of Sydney, especially that particular morning a few days before leaving the city when a kind friend persuaded me to join him for a short drive to Maroubra Beach to watch the morning sun. I was pretty embarrassed to admit that I had never really watched a sunrise in a proper setting - the kind of setting that makes you pause & reflect about His bounties as you take in the surroundings.

I have been thinking a lot about Sydney lately, I think I miss her badly. Sometimes before I go to sleep, flashes of memory would come passing by to remind me about the people & places during my time in the city. The people, especially; some who had come by & left a permanent indent in me & others who played important parts but whom I inadvertently let go.

At some point a few years ago, I made a promise that I would take things slow, that I would appreciate the little things. I don't believe that I have failed completely, but at the same time I know that I may have deviated slightly. I'm still eternally thankful for the glimpse of sunrise, the memories which I hold dearly, the health of my parents & the desire to continue living, despite the setbacks.

1 comment:

nasyrah ash said...

Hello mr author, it's me the weird facebook message-girl. Finally found the blog again (took me so long) . Stay happy mr author!